Data tends to “travel” over time and distance; this data source refers to the ability to analyse and discover value in data, generated by tracing people and items across the globe. Typical questions to be answered:
- Do your customers or users generate traceable data, do these data “travel”?
- Are your products shipped? Is logistic excellence a KPI for you?
- Are weather, traffic and/or other environmental parameters impacting your business?
- Do you store data regarding time, distance and/or location-series that require real time monitoring and follow-up?
- Track & trace monitoring systems.
- Point of sale location analysis.
- Remote monitoring systems for healthcare, e.g. ambulatory patients and the elderly at home.
- Data driven crowd and trajectory analysis, e.g. mass event security, city marketing, retail marketing
Data story (combined with Behavibility©)
"In collaboration with Mobistar, the city of Antwerp wanted to explore the possibilities to monitor crowds during a series of public events: e.g. a fix location with a visiting period of 7 weeks or a sports event with very high density crowds during one day. Cropland analyzed the mobile data sets and proposed a methodology to separate local contacts, independent of the event, from visitors’ contacts. This approach allowed computing the real number of daily visitors and how they behaved during their journey. For the sports event, the crowd monitor tool was offered as a real time dashboard for local security"